Saturday, November 8, 2008

Cy's Storybook Bible part 3

Hello everyone. I'm here to tell you of me (a 9 year old's experience, from the end of 2007 to the beginning of 2008). This is a sad story what happened to my mom. One day I got up to a sad morning. At first, me and my brothers didn't know what was going on. Because mom and dad were crying and me and my brothers didn't know what to do. So we just wrote cards for them. Later they told us the bad news. MY MOM HAD CANCER. And you know what? I still didn't lose faith with God. So I'm trying to tell you guys that if we have hard times, God is still there. I want you to give me a comment if you read this about when you felt that God is not there. I've gone through a lot of hard times but I still have not lost faith in God.

If you do not know this I am going to tell you right now: everybody has sinned. Nobody is ever perfect. I can tell you that. Not even me, no way, I have sinned too. If you do not think He will forgive our sins...well, He came to earth, died for us, and we are free from sins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cy- I'm not sure why I went to your Mom's blog tonight, but reading your experiences when you learned your mom had cancer was touching. You and your brothers did the best thing in making cards for your parents. You boys are so strong and are the joy of your mom's life. She is so blessed to have you three. You asked readers to write a time when they did not feel God in their lives, well I have a story of when I knew God was with us. When Carson was 13 months old, we were visiting my sick Grandfather. Around 1am, I woke up and heard a voice that said "check on that baby". I layed there and less than a minute later, I heard again "check on that baby". So I got up and checked on Carson, who was in a crib at the end of the bed. His eyes were open, so I reached in and picked him up. I layed him on the bed and he began to have a seizure. God had placed my best friend with us,(so she could take care of Colby), my aunt & uncle were sleeping in the same house as us (they rushed us to the hospital) and God placed us less than 5 minutes from the hospital. Another uncle had seen my van outside of the emergency room and he went to get my mom who was at the hospital that early morning. God always places people in you life at the time you need them. He is also always with us. What I was slow to learn (at age 33)is we must always lean on Him when our lives are going good and when they are not so good. You have leaned this at an early age and I am so happy for you. I look forward to reading more from your Storybook.
Blessings,
Ms. Kristin